"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Sunday, April 13, 2008

are spirits true?

you may call me a freak after reading this but i don't care.

i can't really remember when i started being interested about life after death, spirits, ghosts.. all i know was since i was a kid, like 7 or 8 years old, i think, i love hearing ghost stories even if it scares me and i love watching horror films even if i end up having only 2-3 hours of sleep.

i was in high school when i stumbled upon some of my dad's books about reincarnation. nahirapan ako na i-digest lahat so i went to my dad and asked him about it. he told me na he had lots of books about it pero my grandad, threw it away. the book was written by Jaime Licauco, i'm not sure if you've heard bout him but he's famous when it comes to spirit world. there was a time rin na i got instrested about witchcraft. a friend of mine studied in Australia for a year and when she got back, she showed me some books about witch craft, and i can't stop myself from reading it. i admit, i tried some of the spells. haha!

if you're gonna ask me if i had my share of encounters with spirits or ghosts, well, im not really sure. i mean, i was in 6th grade when i saw my uncle who passed away a month before. sobrang nanigas ako dun! i was in a jeepney and he was standing infront of his car shop talking to 2 other guys. he even smiled at me! sigurado ako na i wasn't hallucinating. and in my grandparents house, every 12 midnight, tumutunog yung chime sa door. that's so impossible coz that only happens if may lumalabas or pumapasok. and if you're thinking na baka hangin lang yun, you're wrong. coz all of the windows are closed na at that time. naisip na lang namin na, lolo used to go out sa garden every 12 midnight. so, maybe it's his spirit.

usually, i have some sort of premonition in my dreams. sobrang vague kaya later ko na minsan marealize what it means. like i wake up coz hirap na akong huminga, then later on i'll find out na one of my friends is having an asthma attack. or the time na i had a dream bout someone na nabunggo ng car then a couple of days later, someone from the neighborhood had a car accident.

and i have this ugali na biglang magtatanong sa kung sino mang kasama ko. like, "what if a batchmate of mine will die?", "what if tomorrow, i won't wake up?", stuff like that. what happened next? a blockmate of mine died from dengue a month after and i had series of nightmares a couple of days later when i asked what if i won't wake up.

i don't know. maybe sa isip ko lang lahat, di ba?

but, last friday around 1pm, i was in my ReEd 30 classroom with my friend, Gen. we we're alone in the room and kwentuhan lang kami. when suddenly, umandar yung ceiling fan! sobrang nagulat kami to the point na nagtitigan na lang kaming dalawa for a couple of seconds then i stood up, looked for the switch and turned it off. we were both wondering since naka aircon naman, tska kaming dalawa lang yung nasa room.

and just an hour ago, here sa apartment, while checking my friendster account and listening to music, i heard someone knock at the door and said, "wa koy susi". so i thought it was my cousin. so i opened the door for her, when i realized na there's no one out there. i thought she's just playing a trick on me pero halos 2 minutes na akong nakatayo sa may door e, wala pa rin. i looked outside again and wala nga talagang tao! i was so nervous that i immediately closed all the windows and locked the doors.

i really don't know how to explain all of it. maybe sobrang wild lang ng imagination ko or product yun ng sobrang pag watch ko ng Ghost Whisperer.

but whatever it is, i really want to know! i want to understand why such things happen.

i'm scared, yes.. but not as scared as i used to be. we are just scared lang naman coz we don't understand what's happening or why it's happening. as for me, i'll continue reading and be open sa mga possibilities.

No comments: