"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Friday, May 29, 2009

get well soon my baby brother...

my sisters eldest son, Nichollo got sick earlier this week. he kept on complaining how his head aches and how hot he feels. i think a day after that they had him admitted to a hospital. I was thinking that it was just another fever. Yco (that's what we call him) has asthma and everytime he's not feeling well, my sister rushes him to the hospital. But the next day i found out that he got Dengue. yep, the killer fever. it his second time and im really scared. from what we know, he got it when he enrolled to his new school. coz that same day, they had their "brigada eskwela" where they clean the whole school so that students won't have to clean when school starts next week. Yco didn't clean but he was there for a couple of hours waiting for the enrolment to start. And i can remember him bugging my sister about wanting to pee. i was on the phone with her that time and i told her to just look for a secluded place where he can pee coz all bathrooms are still closed for some stupid reasons. and the teachers just doesn't seem to mind.

anyway, Yco is 8 years old. and he's very playful and smart. he loves computer games and reading books. i can still remember how he would read the almanac on the phone for me. how he would sing a song from Secondhand Serenade and read the ingredients of French Toast. he would tell me how his younger brother, Dylan would just hit him with no reason and how he wants to transfer here in Cebu with me and my brother so that Dylan can't punch him anymore.

I babysat him when he was 3 years old. my sister was pregnant at that time and her condition was not good so Yco stayed with me and my Dad. he's very hard headed just like me so we always clash. he won't listen to me and do things his way. he would always cry coz most of the time i just ignore him. and then he falls asleep, tired from all his tantrums. Yco is like my younger brother. i love to bring him everywhere i go. buy my dads medicine, or buy food, go to church, visit my moms grave.. we would play outside with the other kids whenever it rains. i was already in college but i would do that coz it just not makes me happy but i can see how Yco loves playing under the rain with me.



he spent xmas and new year with us here in Cebu the other year. it was FUN! he's cool wherever we would go. he won't demand going to the arcade. he enjoys just walking around the mall as long as he has something to eat. our bonding moments would always be at the different coffee shops. funny! lil kid hanging out at coffee shops. he adores looking around and observing foreigners and listening to conversations of the old ones. he would always order strawberry smoothie or sometihng chocolate. In bohol, where we spent our new year, he talks alot about the sea. Yco isn't hard to please. He loves to explore and talk about a lot of stuff. sometimes you would think that he's not thinking coz he's so quiet but when he opens his month, you'd be surprised coz u won't think that its an 8 year old who's talking.

anyway, he's still at the hospital at this moment. and just this morning they had his chest Xrayed to check if there's water in his lungs (some side effect). my brother already cried to me earlier this morning. my sister did, too but she remained strong. and when i talked to my dad the other night, he cried too. He spends a lot of time with Yco and they share a room together so its just hard for my dad to see his grandson laying at a hospital bed. its hard for me coz i can't do anything. i was able to talk to Yco on the phone the other night and his voice is just weak and i wanna cry but i can't. i just told him that we're waiting for him here in Cebu and that i love him!



my brother tried to talk to him this morning but Yco doesn't want to. My sister told us that Yco would eat which is a good thing but kept on saying that he's tired already. that breaks my heart. i can't imagine an 8 year old boy who is so playful and bubbly to say such thing. But i know he's strong and the doctors are taking care of him. My sister is strong and i know she would do anything to cheer up Yco. Im far from home and there's nothing much i can do but pray and talk to my family more often.

School starts this monday and he would be on 2nd grade. he loves to learn and playing with other kids. though he seems shy whenever he perfoms, i could say from the pictures that he enjoys it.

so, to you who's reading this, please help us pray for Yishak Nichollo's fast recovery. we would really appreciate it. thank you and god bless to all of us.

No comments: