"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Thursday, June 11, 2009

simple things are what really matters

happy birthday to me!!!


22 years old. but still i don't look like one.
advantage: i look young which would totally work when i get older. no need to use anti-aging creams and stuff
disadvantage: some people don't take me seriously

anyway, i think this is the 2nd most quiet bday ive ever had.

i woke up and listened to Shinedown's Second Chance. Jenny was the 1st one to sing happy birthday. a really fun, kiddy-like bday song which made me laugh. Ate Lois arrived from work and she brought me food. YUM! we ate breakfast together and i was left alone after since she needs to rest. was watching Criminal Minds while still eating when my brother and sister-in-law arrived with more food! love love the mini cake.. looks so cute i don't want to eat it.. haha! kuya made spaghetti, his all-time fave and specialty. ate a little and they went to bed. again, i was left alone. went online for an hour to check my facebook and update my twitter. was so happy to receive bday greetings from a lot of people. most i don't really know personally. my phone won't stop beeping, too.

fell asleep while waiting for the package my family back home sent me. round 3:30, i got it. had a total laughtrip with the shirt i got from my dad. love it! love love the Victoria Secret perfume my stepmom gave me, too. went back to sleep after that.

round 6pm ate lois and i went out to buy additional food. 'twas crazy. we walked most of the time. i was thinking that it was near but joke's on me. boo! anyway, doing anything with ate lois is always fun so its all cool. (a lot of things happened. just 15 mins with her, i would need to make a single blog entry about it) ...

fast forward...

back to the apartment. all of us, my brother, his wife, jenny and ate lois had dinner together... shared stories. mostly about my nephew, Dylan and how kuya is to me when we were young. laughed out loud with my "Bella Swan" experience this past week.

chatted with my family back home. saw my nephews and dad and sister on cam. crazy crazy! i miss them a lot!!!

it was a quiet bday for me coz i was just home the whole day except when we bought additional food. i didn't see any of my friends. not even my HS buds.

it was quiet but really meaningful.

it was quiet but i had a lot of surprises! John West askin me bout my email (i know it sounds pathetic but i just go really crazy everytime i receive a msg from him on twitter. im feel like im the luckiest girl on the planet!), Roy's still the very first person to call me at midnight, the Kuno Becker (GOAL) poster from ate Rachelle (can't wait!), bunch of people i hardly know greeting me, the gift i received from my stepmom, the shirt my dad gave me (he still haven't forgotten the "pig") ...

it sounds so "mababaw" but simple things are what really makes me all giddy.

No comments: