"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

people of my year 2008

i got this idea from Bianca Gonzales and i think it is a really nice idea to give tribute to those who have touched and inspired us through our journey during 2008.

but right now, all im gonna do is post some pictures of the people who helped me through my journey last year. some of them i haven't even met personally, some i just exchange e-mails with and for sure most of them wonders why they have a spot here but they have played a very big part in my life.

... so everyone, here they are ...

Augustine, Jr. and Anne Vestil
Kuya Don and Manang
i will always love being with them. never a time that i don't get inspired or learned something. i love having conversations with them because they really listen. and it's always fun talking to them. whatever the topic is ...music, food, books, life, school,lovelife... anything under the sun they seem to know what to say and when to say it. they're like family to me.. my support system... i love and miss 'em to bits!
Bianca Gonzales
Bianca.
she's not just a celebrity to me. a truly inspiring lady, a REAL PERSON! if i could be someone else, i'd love to be her. her views on life never fails to make me think about how im living mine. the way she handles criticisms thrown her way amazes me. she knows how to handle things with grace. everytime i read her blog, it inspires me to be an inspiration to other people, too. i guess i owe it to her ----the nice part of me.
Travis Isbell
Foofie.
i haven't met him personally but the months we've spent talking to each other made me feel like he's here with me. especially last summer where i get almost everyday phone calls from across the globe. he made me realize that it's not impossible to build a connection even if you haven't met the person face to face. he's funny and smart. though he gets on my nerves at times, he will always have the spot of the only guy that can bully me.
Robert "Bob" Karash
Kuya Bob.
all thanks to my now defunct blog on myspace, i met him. not personally though. he never fails to get in touch. and in his mails, he never fails to remind me that im blessed. he is my mentor, my friend, my Kuya. i love the fact that i can be just myself and tell him everything without hesitations. he inspires me to be the best that i can be. and he is also the reason why i see to it that i always keep in touch with my friends across the globe. he taught me how to be caring with people i haven't met in person. he taught me to trust myself and that i can be what i want to be no matter what other people say.
Geneveve Tan
Gen.
if im asked what a friend is... my answer would be Geneveve Tan. yep! she's someone everyone would want to be friends with, someone you'll definitely don't wanna trade off. Gen helped me emotionally, socially, mentally and even financially. she's the kind of person who's already there even if you haven't told her anything yet. her willingness to be there for you will touch you in many ways. she listens and never judges you. she has her own set of problems but she handles it just fine. i applaud her for her strength and wisdom. im sooo lucky to have a friend like her! (thanks a lot Gen!)
Patty Laurel
Patty.
She's fun and always on the go. i learned to stay positive and to look for nice things on everything that crosses my path. that there's always something worth smiling for on a rainy day. her blog is my major pick-me-upper!!!
Ralph Waldy Soguilon
Don-Don.
i have a huge crush on this guy. (he might be able to read this but then he knows already so what the heck!) anyway, aside from the looks i also admire his talent in sports. he's like the fastest man in the philippines! but something tragic happened. with his story, there's this voice inside of me telling me that there's no reason to give up. everything happens for a reason. we all struggle, we all fall down and its up to us to get back on the track or not. but if we don't then that's when we can say that we lost. i'll never see him the way i used to. yes, i still have a crush on him (lol!) but whenever i see his pictures, or read his blog or have a lil chat with him on ym, it's like im taking a motivator pill. it's like im being recharged!
Sandie Burnett-Garland
Sandie.
another person across the globe. i love her! she's like a sister to me. i don't know why but we just started to exchange messages on myspace, linked each other on our blogs and now on facebook. we make sure that we're always updated about each other. she understands me even if we're from different cultures. she's one of the great advisors ever!
Richard "Chardy" Castrodes
Kropek.
OK. i may sound bitter here but you can't blame me. he disappeared in my life just like the way appeared in it ---UNEXPECTEDLY! in a very short span of time, we got to know each other in ways i never thought it could. he never left my side during one of the most difficult times in my life. he listened, gave me strength, he believed and encouraged me to never give up. he is one of the reasons why im all energized with the path i chose now, why im standing and fighting with my best ever self. i owe him a lot! but as much as i do, i don't think i'll ever forget what he has done to me. the pains he inflicted that up to now i still feel. he know me too well and i trusted him. he told me things he doesn't like but that's exactly what he did to me. i never spoke to him eversince "that night". it's hard. i guess he served as a reminder to me. just when i decided to expose myself, everything fell apart. he is a GREAT guy. too great it ruined him in ways he doesn't even know. (PS: if you're reading this, i could hate you forever but im not going to. besides, it's not like you did everything on purpose. what goes around comes around anyway. well, THANK YOU ---again. ...for another lesson learned)


... thank you Bianca Gonzales for the idea. :) ..next on my list, My Person of the Month.


** pictures of Bianca Gonzales and Patty Laurel are from their blogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Wednesday! Bloghoppin' here... Hey, I have an interesting tutorial for you that I have written myself. It is about adding Adsense on your Single Post in XML template. I hope you'll like it! God Bless you!

gen said...

waaaaaaaaa.
i haven't seen this post yet.or have i?
touched au ko nes.(i almost cried)

u and charmaine are my friends to keep for lifetime.timan-i na! whatever happens, i'm always here for you.don't forget to txt or pm lang.hehe

lubshoo so much nessy.take care always.i know you're strong too.sabi ni jollibee, kaya mo kid!hehe.

bitaw.mishoo.mwah mwah.amping permi hap!