"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Sunday, May 9, 2010

MY SUPERMOM!

"Mothers are super, (!) strong, and heroic. Their “profession” is the most important. Their bravery, inimitable. Their beauty, beyond compare."
--excerpt from Elisha's blog

I had a Supermom. But I lost her when I was 13. you might know that by now if you’ve been following my blahs for the past 2 years. SHIRLEY LORENZO MINANGA PASCO. My SUPERMOM!  she sleeps late at night just trying to finish her lesson plans and helping us her 3 kids with whatever we need in school. She sleeps late to make sure everything is clean after dinner. She wakes up the following day just to make breakfast and make sure our uniforms and stuff for school are ready. She wakes up early so she can bring me to school and still won’t be late in her school. She wakes up early to prepare my lunch for that day and make sure I have enough food to last me the whole day. She juggles work, home and still find time to serve other people and God. She’s active in church, and never fails to help other people whenever she could. She loves to cook and is always asked to cook sotanghon, beef steak, halang2x, afritada, lumpia shanghai, sweet & sour just to name a few and make atsara, kutsinta, and some other pinoy delicacies. She also tried to make gravy because I loved Jollibee’s gravy and made her own version of spam. Mama loves to sing and dance. she loves telling stories especially about her pupil’s crazy moments. Her laugh is so addictive! She laughs hard to the point where she gets teary eyed already and needs to go to the bathroom. She is very supportive. She supported me with my passion in dancing and swimming and whatever sport I want to try. She supported me with my love in writing and even pushed me to accept the invitation to be trained as a Math Olympiad representative of our school. She supported me with my love of collecting stickers and stationeries. She supported me with my love for music. She enrolled me to learn how to play ukulele and banduria but was too stupid and stopped. she would make and do anything I would request when im sick. She would tend my scraped knee and will sew tears of my clothes. She would always find a way even if she’s tired already. She would not let me wash and iron my own clothes. She would let me play outside with the other kids from the block even if it means im going back later that afternoon with a super soiled shirt, messy hair, bleeding knee or elbow, dirty fingernails, and full of sweat. She would let me hang out with friends whole day on a Saturday. She would let me invite friends over in the house even if it means 6 boys and 4 of us girls. That usually would feel like there are 20 kids in the house. she’s the all-time fave Mom not just of my friends but my siblings’ friends as well.



I miss her. half of me is sad that she’s not around anymore but the other half is really happy coz she’s in a better place now. I wish she had a great Mother’s Day up there. I’ll carry my home-made card when it’s my time to go. I know she’ll be there waiting for me.

I can’t end this post without mentioning some of the other Supermom’s I know..

1. Miriam Sarah Pasco – Ortuoste – my sister. She became my instant Mom when Mama passed away. We fight a lot! But just give us a couple of hours and it would be like nothing happened. Ate would do anything for me. she would always come to the rescue whenever someone would attack me. whenever she has something, she would share it to me. she is misunderstood by a lot of people and I wish they would really try to get to know her because she’s one hell of a woman! She’s been through a lot and would always say she’s tired and want to give up but she never does. She’s strong just like Mama. Even if she has 3 little boys now, she would still find time to spend time with me. Her tight hug last December I’ll never forget. I miss you Achie! Remember that I’ll always love you..

2. Myra Socorro Malcampo – my Dad’s youngest sister. Auntie Moe, is like my second Mom. I used to be scared to her because she always have this strong persona. But when I stayed in Bohol for almost 2 years, I got to know the other side of her. Auntie, is the sweetest! I can have any conversation with her. I never heard her say that I was wrong. she listens to me like im her own daughter. I wish I could visit her before regular classes’ starts.

3. Nimia Juanday – my Dad’s other sister. Auntie Nim is the savior of the family. Whenever we need help, she’s there. the few times I spent with her is one of the moments I really treasure. She’s a busy woman. She’s a nurse and travels a lot. So the opportunity I had with her last year when she visited Cebu for a seminar, is one that im glad I was able to have. I stayed with her in the hotel for 2 nights, ate a lot, shopped and had hours of conversation. Those conversations with her helped me be more confident and strong in facing whatever comes along my way.

4. Sandra Antonio – Arthur’s mom. Tita San is a blessing! I met her September last year but it was only this January where I was able to spend time with her. She reminds me a lot of Mama. They are so similar in a lot of ways. And I can’t thank God enough for making it that way. Sometimes it gives me goose bumps. It’s crazy! I miss her. I really do. God is just so amazing! Of all mother’s its Arthur’s.

5. Zenaida Labrador – mama’s older sister. I hardly see Nanay for she always travels outside the country. But whenever I do, it’s like im glued to her. I remember the time she visited Cotabato. She wanted me to sleep where she’s going to sleep. She wanted me to be just stay beside her. Whenever I need help, Nanay is there. She listens to my problems and helps me with it. I’m just blessed with the untiring support she gives me even if she’s thousands of miles away.

and since this is getting too long, here’s a SHOUTOUT TO …

Merly Magalona-Pasco, Lydel Grace Mangat, Cathy Pasco, Abby Estante-Pasco, Bj Farida Soyao, Angela Bea Malcampo, Gina Minanga, Keisha Minanga, Ading Minanga, Melissa Jade Pepino, Keithrine Rasalan, Phyllis Daswani, Gerry Soguilon, Ivy Ortuoste, Chery Pie Encarnacion, Jemima Langub-Maliwat, Nini Penas, Pia Penas, Thea Michelle Celeste, Yvette Dimao, Karla Magno, Mye Rivera, Josephine Largo, Pearl Garringues, Gege Gepte..

Special SHOUTOUT to my favorite writers..

Hope Edelman and Koren Zailckas! :)

and to all Mom's out there, HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!!!

No comments: