"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Sunday, March 7, 2010

RESPECT! --> look for its meaning

Early this morning I had a fight with the tenants of door 2. it’s freakin 5am and they’ve been shouting and talking loud that it’s impossible for you to get a 30 minutes of straight sleep. So with all my might, I slammed their screen door and fired away a sermon at them. They said sorry, well some of them. But after each sentence they would talk back like I don’t hear them. I was so mad my heart was pounding so hard and I was already trembling. I’ve never been that mad for a long time. I later cried in my room because I hated the feeling. I hate fights. I hate screaming and confrontations. I hate having enemies. But they are being too much already. They are college students who act like toddlers. Actually, toddlers are better because they get scared. But they just brushed me off like dust. Not a big deal. I don’t know if they’ve understood what I said or they just chose to ignore everything. All I know is that they don’t know what the word RESPECT means.

Just this afternoon I had a talk with the right hands of the owner of the apartment and one of the tenants of the other door. And I found out that the father of the girl who kept on answering back is a principal and her Mom is in the US. Her parents are separated. And someone commented that that explains why she is like that. I disagree. My parents are separated and I’m definitely not like her. I know when to tone down my voice and I know when the proper time to make some noise is. Not when the rest of the people are trying to get some sleep. Not in the middle of the night and definitely NOT 5 in the morning.

I feel bad for her and her parents. And everyone else that was there this morning. They all looked stupid and uneducated. I am so glad that even if I’m stubborn, I still know what respect is. I still know how to give respect. I’m glad that even if my parents are separated, I still grew up ok. I’m not saying that I’m, perfect because I’m far from being perfect. All I’m trying to say is being good is up to you. It’s a choice. Be sensitive. If you want people to respect you, learn to give respect too.

No comments: