"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Saturday, June 18, 2011

at 24 years...



a very late post.
this was during my birthday last week. it was a quiet, very emotional one for me. i miss my family, my sister who always have something to make my day extra special and my boyfriend who always finds a way to make me smile whenever i feel like crying.

im grateful to have reached 24 years in this world. and im looking forward for more years to come. during my birthday i had a lot of time to think of what's going on in my life, what i want to do and how i badly want some things.

i was never a person who loves material stuff. yes, i long for having a decent computer (not for myself but for the reason that i badly need it for school stuff), i love dresses (and it feels good to see my dad happy that i'm finally being a girl), and other things girls my age want. i want them but i don't go on a tantrum just to have them (hi Arthur!). ok, well not all the time, i throw a mini tantrum to my boyfriend but just when i know its ok. anyway, my point is that day just proved how much i wanted to be just with the people i hold close to my heart. how i don't care if i have new stuff, how all i want was a hug from my family. how i badly wanted one.

it made me think of where i'll be next year. of how i'll spend my next birthday.. it made me realize of the more important things. even though my 24th was full of tears and longing, i woke up and ended it with a smile. waking up and seeing the early morning skies transition of colors is a blessing. a blessing that i'm alive and breathing again. a blessing that im able to see such a beautiful thing. a blessing to be happy in such a simple thing. and i ended my day with an amount full of thank you's. for the people who greeted me, for my family and for having a boyfriend who will always do whatever he can to make me happy and make me realize that LIFE IS A WONDERFUL THING. but what i loved the most was the fact that i was reminded to stay grounded.

HELLO 24 year old ME!

No comments: