"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

Friday, November 18, 2011

The "magical" Proposal


this is way overdue but i already mentioned from my earlier post that i am now engaged! yepyep! at 24. though i don't really look like im 24. but that's a different story.. anyway, 4 years ago, i met a guy and i know something about him is special and im gonna wait for the time that i can find that out. 2 years later, we became a couple and 2 years later, engaged to be married.

it's hard especially when you're in a long distance relationship. even harder when you're beating not just the miles but the time. yes.. we have a 12 hour difference. exactly on the other side of the world. but we're doing a pretty good job, i might say. the support of both our families and friends has and continually been overwhelming! we are indeed blessed!

days before this happened, i kept on stumbling upon flash mob wedding proposals (thanks to his friend, Phil --who is an awesome writer btw) and we would watch it together. lil did i know, im gonna have my own surprise. it may not be a crazy flash mob with a million views on youtube but it was something no one has ever done. at least from what i know.

fiance is a street magician from South Florida. known as Antino Art he stands out from the rest of the magicians you know because he uses his OWN poetry and incorporate it with his tricks. every trick you'll see from him has a story. and you'll see that with how he proposed. you won't see the whole thing in video since one of the guests only captured the time when my brother started reading the "pamanhikan letter" ( a letter from fiance's parents asking their blessing to allow their son to propose; a filipino tradition).

anyway, it was during my nephew's christening that it happened. my brother asked him and some of his magician friends here in Cebu (shoutout to Thomas Pua) to perform for the guests. fiance took over the last part of the event. he asked who wants some presents and distributed some stuff around along with 9 chapter/letters. i got the 9th chapter. he then asked who is holding the 1st chapter and told them to read it. after that, he would perform a magic trick that is in line with what he wrote in the chapter. everything was connected. everything speaks of how we got together. and then it came to me... at the back of my mind, i knew there was something and i feel like crying from excitement and nervousness but i don't want to assume. my sister-in-laws tita was actually whispering "i think he's going to propose" and that's when i started having a hard time breathing because i wasn't the only person thinking about it.

when i finished my chapter, someone gave me a piece of kisses chocolate. you how they have a white strip on top, well that one was replaced with a yellow strip that says "see the next chapter" .. that's when my brother started reading the letter (watch the video).

you'll see my brother cry here. and that made me cry. i think the guests were startled because most of them are his and his wife's officemates and bosses. no one knew that fiance was going to do that except for his parents.

here are some pictures i already posted in my tumblr acct. to know what the number is about, click HERE.



and yes, there was no ring. just cards with yes and no written at the back. if you noticed in the video, i double looked to see if it really what i think it was. i ran to my brother and hugged him tight because i want him to know that I WANT THIS GUY TO BE MY HUSBAND and im dying for him to say OK. to those who didn't know, we just lost our father a month before the proposal and my brother is like my father. even before our dad passed away. so what he would say means a lot to me. and im sure damn glad he nodded and told me to go. and as a pure Filipina that i am, i pointed with my "nguso" ( like how you pout your lips). i directed it to YES.

YES even without a ring. yes, a ring is a symbol and is a must-have when you propose but he defied it and chose his way and i admire him for that. it just made me sure that he is the guy i want to spend my life with. he knows sincerity matters most and his effort of doing that in front of a lot of strangers won my heart over again.<3

2 comments:

Jasmine Tamala said...

very touching. this made me cry. :)

squeep said...

squeep's blog makes everyone cry! <3 iloveyou bubu..